TÜV SÜD will showcase its comprehensive portfolio of services for safe, reliable and cost-effective process infrastructure at ACHEMA 2018, to be held in Frankfurt/Main from 11 to 15 June 2018 (Hall 9.1, Stand C39). The TÜV SÜD experts will also be featured in the programme of this flagship trade fair for the process industry, presenting a total of six technical talks. The topics of the talks range from failure and accident analyses to process safety and materials science.
Failure and accident analyses: The experts from TÜV SÜD Chemie Service analyse all potential internal and external hazards within the scope of accident and event investigations, also adopting predictive and systematic approaches. As industry rely increasingly on systematic risk-based safety strategies, an ever-greater role is being played by assessment of the probability of occurrence of an event and reliability of the safety devices that prevent such events. Christian Eberle, TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH, and Rainer Semmler, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH, will give a joint talk explaining why understanding of the sources of faults and their influence on reliability plays a critical role in the correct assessment and selection of suitable measures, as well as examining common misconceptions in this area.
Corrosion protection and corrosion inhibitors: Corrosion is a constant but unwelcome companion in the process industry. Given this, innovative and environmentally friendly protective coatings and substances that mitigate corrosion play a significant role in practice. The Materials and Processing – Coatings and Corrosion Inhibition Session at the 2018 ACHEMA Congress presents various solutions that offer corrosion protection for materials. In five talks, experts will present topics such as thin-film systems, ceramic layers against biocorrosion, nanostructured layers and design possibilities to prevent corrosion under insulation (CUI). The session will take place on 15 June 2018 from 10:30 am to 13:00 pm.
TÜV SÜD talks at ACHEMA 2018:
- Tuesday 12 June, 5 pm: Fluoropolymer Component Failure Analysis (Franz Hingott, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH, Fantasie 2, CMF)
- Thursday 14 June , 11:00 am: Ionizing radiation as ignition source in explosive atmospheres (Matthias Rizzi , TÜV SÜD Schweiz AG, Illusion 2, CMF)
- Thursday 14 June , 11:30 am: Explosion of a waste water tank – Accident investigation (Dr Thomas Gmeinwieser - TÜV SÜD Schweiz AG, Mischa Schwaninger, TÜV SÜD Schweiz AG, and Marc Steinkrauss, CABB AG, Illusion 2, CMF)
- Friday 15 June, 10:30 am: Materials and material processing – Coatings and corrosion inhibition (Dr Francesco Depentori, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH, Spektrum, CMF)
- Friday 15 June, 11:30 am: Mechanical Safety Equipment – Precise standards increase safety level (Christian Eberle, TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH, and Rainer Semmler, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH, Illusion 2, CMF)
- Friday 15 June, 12:00 noon: New Process Safety Events Reporting Tool (Mischa Schwaninger, TÜV SÜD Schweiz AG, et.al., Illusion 2, CMF)
TÜV SÜD Chemie Service
TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH is an independent and impartial service organisation focusing on the chemical and process industries and operating at international level. Its experts support projects and infrastructure on site, delivering customised service packages along the process chain and throughout the entire life cycle. Services cover all life-cycle phases of facilities and are subdivided into Life Cycle Services, Plant & Equipment Integrity, Plant Safety & Inspection and the accompanying service area, Data Management / Documentation (DAMAS). Further information is available on the Internet at https://www.tuev-sued.de/technical_installations/chemical_service.
Note for editorial Teams: The high-resolution photo is available for download here [ JPG 3268 kB ].
Press-contact: Dr Thomas Oberst