Lift your energy saving opportunities
Businesses face the challenge of striking the balance between developing sustainable solutions that deliver bottom line. As elevator owners, you need to be able to assess the energy demand of your elevators correctly in order to reveal the opportunities for energy saving and cost reduction. As a lift manufacturer, you want to develop innovative, efficient equipment that will secure your competitive edge and provide genuine guidance to buyers, developers, architects, planners/designers and lift owners. TÜV SÜD’s energy efficiency for lifts certification complements its entire lift and escalators suite of services.
The guideline VDI 4707 Part I, the first energy efficiency guideline for lifts, provides the basis for measuring and calculating energy demand and consumption and for ensuring evaluation and labelling according to standardised criteria. TÜV SÜD, a leading independent technical service provider, provides assessment, testing and certification according to VDI 4701 Part I. Providing you with an impartial classification of your lift energy efficiency and a certificate that will give you a leading competitive edge.
Our services at a glance
- Measurement of energy consumption under real-life conditions
- Calculation of the specific energy demand of elevators (energy efficiency classes from A to G)
- Detection of possible weaknesses
- Development of packages of measures to boost energy efficiency
- Assessment of the various energy-saving measures under functional and cost-efficiency aspects
Issuance of the elevator energy certificate as per VDI 4701 Part I