CONFERENCE | Date: 5-6 April 2016
Event location: London, UK
Venue: Russell Hotel
TÜV SÜD will be participating in the 6th annual conference of the Smart Water Networks (SWAN) Forum, a worldwide industry forum promoting the use of data technologies in water networks. The theme of this year's conference is "Accelerating SMART Water". Dr. Andreas Hauser, Director of Water Services, will be participating the panel discussion "Interoperability: The key for scaling smart business/technology".
The conference brings together international water utilities and recognised industry professionals to share knowledge and benefit from thought provoking panel discussions on trends, challenges and topics that affect the water industry.
- Accelerating innovation and investment in the water sector
- Technology adoption and organisational cultural changes
- Reinforcing data confidence (the cloud, cybersecurity, data ownership)
- Expanding the smart water business case – A macro view
- Interoperability: The key for scaling smart water business/technology (TÜV SÜD panelist: Dr. Andreas Hauser)
- The role of smart water in emerging markets
- The strategic imperative of customer service in the water sector
- Improving water use efficiency
- Advancing water loss management
- Enhancing water quality and water safety
- The role of innovation and markets in resilient systems and services
TUV SUD panelist: Interoperability - The key for scaling smart water business/technology
Dr. Andreas Hauser
Director, Water Services, TÜV SÜD
Dr. Andreas Hauser is director of Water Services, headquartered in Singapore. Besides developing and implementing the global water strategy, he is responsible for the coordination and management of the overall water business with the strategic focus regions ASEAN, China, Middle East, South Asia, USA, and Europe.
Dr Hauser completed his PhD in Applied Mathematics in Heidelberg/Germany and developed technologies and services as a scientist and global manager for more than 15 years.
Innovations have been always a particular focus and he has been engaged in new water technologies, solutions and business models from a technology development, verification and certification, as well as business development point of view.
He is the author of numerous publications, holds several patents, reviews latest technical developments, and chairs the Workgroup “Interoperability” within the Smart Water Network Forum.