Our services at a glance
TÜV SÜD supports the manufacturer along the development lifecycle with all requirements that ensure a safe product design.
- Concept analyses (definition of suitable safety development processes)
- Verification of development documentation
- Qualitative (FMEA) and quantitative analyses (Markov, FTA)
- Compiling hazard and risk analyses
- Validation of generic products and applications
- Software development processes and software analyses
Independent Safety Assessment (ISA)
TÜV SÜD conducts independent safety assessments during the development lifecycle resulting in an independent safety assessment report. Assessments are conducted through a combination of on-site inspection and documentation review.
In the concept phase, TÜV SÜD assesses the general safety concept and the manufacturer’s safety assurance process to ensure maximum planning reliability. This ensures that potential conceptual flaws are detected at an early stage to avoid costly rework at a later stage of the lifecycle.
In the detailed product development phase, TÜV SÜD assesses the suitability of the design, the verification and validation process and the proof of safety (safety case).
- TÜV SÜD can certify your product in accordance with CENELEC EN5012X (or IEC equivalent standards) and IEC 61508.
- We train and certify your personnel to become qualified functional safety experts.
TÜV SÜD conducts 2-4 day training programs for development teams on functional safety in general and railway functional safety in particular:
- Extensive modular training program for various technical topics
- CENELEC EN5012X series or the equivalent IEC standards
- IEC 61508
- System and safety analysis
- Customised in-house trainings