Regulatory authorities have established and enforced allergen compliance regulations to protect customers. If you fail to meet these standards, or provide either misleading or false representations on any of your food labels, you may potentially leave your business reputation at risk.
A food label is your way of communicating important product information directly with a customer. As well as helping with branding and advertising, it should provide the customer with basic product information, nutritional information and safety information. As a result, your labels must be highly accurate and subject to a regular food label check. Otherwise, your business reputation, as well as the health of the customer, will be at risk.
Our food label review experts check labels for regulatory compliance to verify the accuracy on the food product label. Our services include:
- Assessment of your product and review of the regulatory requirements of your existing label (e.g., product name, ingredient list, formatting, etc.)
- Support in building new labels according to the regulation of your target markets.
To reduce your risk of non-compliance, our food label consultants can review your labels against criteria including:
- Allergen compliance
- Descriptive claims compliance – health, nutrients
- Identity statement – compliance to a country standard
- Ingredient labelling
- Label layout
- Net quantity of content statement
- Nutrition analysis and nutrition facts panel
- Place and name of business
- Deposit laws
- Alcohol levels
- Language compliance
- Type size compliance
- Country of origin
We also conduct:
TÜV SÜD’s food label consultants apply their knowledge of the global marketplace to local context, supporting you in demonstrating compliance with statutory requirements and reducing risk for product recalls. With our expertise, you can be sure of a reliable, efficient and cost effective food label review.