Food safety relies on adherence to high standards of hygiene along the entire supply chain, from the sourcing and storage of fresh food products and ingredients, to safe processing and preparation through to delivery and final services.
A hygiene audit or food safety audit provides a comprehensive inspection of a food processing facility to evaluate its compliance with established hygiene and food safety schemes and requirements, as well as a company’s specific hygiene policies and practices.
Regular hygiene and food hygiene tests reduce the risk of unsafe food reaching consumers, decrease potentially costly product recalls related to food safety issues, and help to support a company’s positive reputation in the marketplace.
It’s vital that your business has an internal process for independent measurement and management of good hygiene practices, as well as food safety training procedures. This demonstrates to consumers your commitment to producing safe, quality food. It provides a comprehensive, cost effective approach to developing successful food safety management systems, and ensures your compliance with food safety regulations.
Our typical food hygiene audit includes a detailed assessment of:
- Building structure
- Cleaning regime
- Documentation, monitoring and records
- Emergency procedures
- Equipment and facilities
- Food display
- Personal hygiene
- Pest control
- Product handling
- Storage areas
- Supervision, instruction and/or training
- Temperature control
- Hygiene and food safety audits to local, international and custom standards
- Process and product audits (according to customer requirements)
- Supplier audits (to minimise the risk from external sources)
- Audits of equipment hygiene (such as using the facilities of the airlines)
- One audit report with detailed information on the status of implemented processes and potential for improvement.
We also conduct:
- Regular food safety and quality audits, microbiological testing of food samples and chemical testing of food contact materials to ensure ongoing compliance during food production.
- Audits of supply chain partners to identify potential weaknesses in supply chain activities and test end food products under real world conditions to assess consumer safety and satisfaction.
A food hygiene test conducted by us can help protect your brand’s reputation. At TÜV SÜD, we are an independent third party service provider and leading food safety certification body that’s accredited for globally recognised programmes.
Our experienced food safety auditors can help you gain the trust of your customers by making sure that your products and processes meet international standards.
They also help you minimise your risk, as our experts support your project throughout the entire product development process to reduce the risk of product contamination or unwanted tests. This also saves you time and money, as we offer a global service from a single source.