TÜV SÜD Rail has increased its shareholding in Railcert B.V. from 50 to 100 per cent. Railcert, founded in 1999, is a provider of inspection and certification services for the rail industry. The acquisition underlines TÜV SÜD Rail's leading role as a partner in international rail projects.
In the meantime, all issued certificates, as well as all current and ongoing certification and assessment projects have been continued smoothly without interruption.
Railcert is notified as:
- Notified Body (no. 0941) according to the Railway Interoperability Directive 2008/57/EC by the Dutch "Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport"” (IL en T)
- Assessment Body (AsBo) according to the EU regulation 352/2009/EC on the adoption of a common safety method on risk evaluation and assessment as referred in Article 6(3)(a) of Directive 2004/49/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. The notification is valid for all Subsystems (Control, Command & Signaling, Rolling Stock, Energy and Infrastructure).
- “Keuringsinstantie” (Dutch DeBo) in the Netherland according to the Dutch Railway Act for all subsystems.
- “Organisme Compétent” (Luxembourgian DeBo) by the Luxembourgian “Ministère du Développement durable et des Infrastructures” (Administration des Chemins de Fer du Grand-Duché de Luxemburg), for Control, Command & Signaling, Rolling Stock, Energy, Infrastructure and Safety Management.
- Interim Designated Body of the German Federal Republic by the Eisenbahn-Bundesamt according to the appendix 2 as of October14 / 2013, the Memorandum of Understanding regarding the reorganisation of the authorisation process for placing in service of rolling stock as of June 26 / 2013.
The full integration of Railcert B.V. into the TÜV SÜD Rail Business Unit will further strengthen our leading position in EC conformity assessment and EC certification.
Railcert can draw upon a pool of 50 experts located all over Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Denmark…).
Railcert notified as Assessment Body has extended it's services in the area of common safety method on risk evaluation and assessment as referred to in Article 6(3)(a) of Directive 2004/49/EC.
Furthermore, Railcert is able to offer service as Interim Designated Body of the German Federal Republic according to the regulations described in the appendix 2 of the Memorandum of Understanding regarding the reorganisation of the authorisation process for placing in service of rolling stock. For these activities Railcert is supported by its German team of experts accepted by the Eisenbahn-Bundesamt.
Railcert has established its capability to offer services of Notified Body, Assessment Body, Designated Body and Inspection Center in the respective countries as one service provider, thus decreasing interfaces and consequently increasing efficiency. Railcert is an independent and impartial body without any conflict of interest with any other party of the design, manufacturing, verification & validation or operation process. We are an accepted and recognized partner for system integration and are able to deliver certificates and assessment reports.
Railcert is an independent company registered in the Netherlands. You can find us at:
Railcert B.V. | Horaplantsoen 18 | NL - 6717LT Ede | The Netherlands | T +31 (0318) 860 300
Back to the newsletter