Relevant for: Electrical & electronics, Hardlines, Softlines, Children's products
On 30 November 2012, the Danish Order No. 1113 of 26/11/20121 for a national ban on the import and sale of products containing any of the four phthalates DEHP, DBP, BBP and DIBP at a concentration greater than 0.1% by weight was published. The scope of the ban covers:
- Products intended for indoor use; and
- Products that may come into contact with the skin or mucous membranes.
The Order will enter into force on 1 December 2013. However, for electrical and electronic products that fall within the scope of RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65/EC), the ban will enter into force on 1 December 2014.
The following are excluded from the scope of the ban:
1. Medical devices
2. Inner packaging of medicinal products
4. Childcare articles in the case of DEHP, DBP and BBP
5. Cosmetic products
6. Materials and articles intended for contact with food
7. Used goods that already complied with the Danish requirements when first sold on the market
The scope and exclusions of the ban are clarified with the following definitions:
Items intended for indoor use - includes products that are expected to be placed, kept, stored and hung up, laid, mounted, applied, fixed, etc. for a significant part of their life.
Childcare article - any product that is intended or likely to be mouthed by children aged 0-3 years (0-36 months), including, in particular, pacifiers/dummies, bibs, jewellery and bath equipment, etc.
Danish Order No. 1113 of 26/11/20121