Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
On 1 November 2016, standard NOM-005-ENER-2016 was approved by the Mexican National Consultative Committee of Standards for the Preservation and Rational Use of Energy Resources (CCNNPURRE) and the National Commission for Energy Efficiency (CONUEE) on setting energy efficiency and labelling requirements for washing machines.
This standard will replace mandatory Standard NOM-005-ENER-2012.
Compared with 2012 version standard, this revised one includes the following changes:
- Water Consumption Factor should be included on the energy efficiency label
- Definition of water consumption factor (FCA) is provided in the definitions section
- Testing methods for energy consumption and water efficiency must comply with Standard NMX-J-585-ANCE-2014 (instead of the previous version of this Standard NMX-J-585-ANCE-2007)
- Minimum energy factor for automatic washing machines must be > 60(L/kWH/cycle) (rather than >45 L/kWH/cycle in the 2012 standard) (refer to Table 1)
- Levels of maximum power consumption maximum allowable [kWh / year] for semi-automatic and manual household electric washing machines have decreased (refer to Table 2)
- Updated labelling requirements including use of pictogram of a plug to show energy consumption factor and a pictogram of a tap to show water consumption factor must be included on the energy label
NOM-005-ENER-2016 enters into force on 14 May 2017.