Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
SPRING published a regulation for portable power banks on 3 August 2015 and this regulation will come into force on 1 January 2016. The detailed minimum CGSR safety requirements for portable power banks are here below.
- The power bank will generate heat when charging. Always charge in a well ventilated area. Do not charge under pillows, blankets or on flammable surfaces.
- Keep the power bank away from heat sources, direct sunlight, combustible gas, humidity, water or other liquids.
- Do not disassemble, open, microwave, incinerate, paint or insert foreign objects into the power bank.
- Do not subject the power bank to mechanical shock such as crushing, bending, puncturing or shredding. Avoid dropping or placing heavy object on the power bank.
- Do not short-circuit the power bank or store it in a receptacle where it may be short-circuited by other metallic or conductive objects.
- Do not operate the power bank if it has been wet or otherwise damaged, to prevent against electric shock, explosion and/or injury. Contact the dealer or authorised agent.
- Power bank usage by children should be supervised.
- Please read the operating instructions (including charging instructions and information on the minimum and maximum operating temperatures), supplied with this power bank.
For more Singapore Compulsory Registration scheme information, please contact your nearest TÜV SÜD office for advice.