Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India, Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) has again published a notification to extend the deadline for newly added products to 1 December 2015.
The Electronics and IT Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012 was published in Gazette of India on 13 November 2014. On 7 August 2015, India's Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (Department of Electronics and Information Technology) has published again a notification to extend the deadline for newly added products to 1 December 2015. The last extension was published on 11 May 2015 that the date of coming into effect of this Order for select items was extended up to 13 August 2015. In this Notification, the industry has sought more time for compliance with the Order. Issues involved have been discussed with stakeholders for a smooth implementation of the order, thus, the date of implementation of the Order stands extended to 1 December 2015 for the select products mentioned below:
- Power adaptors for IT equipments
- Power adaptors for audio, video and similar electronic apparatus
- UPS/invertors of rating less than or equal to 5KVA
- DC or AC supplied electronic control gear for LED modules
- Sealed Secondary Cells / Batteries containing Alkaline or other non-acid Electrolytes for use in portable applications
- Fixed general purpose LED luminaires
This Notification will come into immediate effect.
For more Indian Compulsory Registration scheme, please contact your nearest TÜV SÜD office for advice.