Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
In January 2018, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) approved the update of Standards on Energy Labelling and Minimum Energy Performance Requirements for below products:
1. Small Air Conditioners: (SASO 2663:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
2. Refrigerators and freezers: (SASO 2892:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
3. Washing Machines: (SASO 2885:2018 – Enforcement date: 16/08/2018)
4. Clothes dryers: (SASO 2883:2017 – Enforcement date: 05/07/2018)
5. Water heaters: (SASO 2884:2017 – Enforcement date: 05/07/2018)
Please pay attention that Saudi Arabia Customs will start to check the new energy efficiency labelling from 1st Oct 2018. Products with labelling under the old standards will be rejected to enter into Saudi Arabia market by Customs. The registration of new energy efficiency standards starts from this July. Please feel free to contact us to proceed energy labelling update. We can provide one-stop solution for Saudi Arabia market access.