Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
The object of this resolution is to establish safety requirements for electric fixed and semi-fixed saws, operated by an electric motor voltage up to 440V (AC or DC), to avoid risks to users’ safety and lives.
The resolution specified the following points which are applicable to the products manufactured either domestically or imported:
- Circular saws and circular saws mounted on a bench
- Semi-fixed bench saws with a saw blade diameter not exceeding 315mm
- Reciprocating saws (jog and sabre saws)
- Chain saws designed to cut wood
- Hand saws
- Semi-fixed saws with a saw blade length not exceeding 2700mm and flyers tape with a diameter not exceeding 350mm
- Semi-fixed mitre saws with a blade not exceeding 350mm
- Combined semi-fixed saws with a saw blade diameter not more than 315mm
For imported products, an additional label must be affixed to the original packaging with the company name and tax identification number and the business address of the importer. Spanish version of these information on the label is a must if multiple languages are used.
The imported products should comply to the compliance with the presence of a certificate. This requires initial testing reports, maintenance certificate from the annual testing and compliance evidence of the labelling, marking and instructions for use requirements.