Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
On 13 July 2017, the Egyptian Minister of Industry and Commerce published Decision No. 1000 that manufacturers and importers of certain products have a 6-months transition to comply with certain specified standards. The listed standards include:
- Standard No. 21-1 / 2009 Lead Acid Starter Batteries Part 1: General Requirements And Methods Of Test
- Standard No. 182-1 / 2011 Polyvinyl chloride insulated cables of rated voltages up to and including 450 / 750v Part : 1 General requirements
- Standard No. 7800 / 2015 Tubular LED Lamps - Safety Requirements
- Standard No. 7824 / 2015 Tubular LED lamps – Performance requirements
In Article 2, the following standards from the previously issued decisions are removed:
- Standard No. 164-3 / 2008 Domestic Cooking Appliances Burning Gas Fuel Under 30 Cm Water Pressure Or Natural Gas Fuel Under 20 Cm Water Pressure Part 3: Rational Use Of Energy-general
- Standard No. 164-4 / 2008 Domestic Cooking Appliances Burning Gas Fuel Under 30 Cm Water Pressure Or Natural Gas Fuel Under 20 Cm Water Pressure Part 4: Rational Use Of Energy Appliances Having Forced Convection Oven And/or Grills.
- Standard No. 6791 / 2008 Energy Efficiency of three-phase asynchronous squirrel cage motors
The Decision entered into force on the day after its publication in the Official Gazette. So the compliance deadline for manufacturers and importers to comply with listed standards is Feb 02, 2018.