Relevant for: Electrical & electronics
On 24 May 2017, the Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers adopted Resolution No. 359 which develops requirements for the energy labelling of televisions. The Resolution specified product information on energy consumption which is harmonising with that of the EU - Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2010 dated 28 September 2010 supplementing Directive 2010/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council regarding television energy labelling.
It is specified that manufacturers must affix a printed label in the proper format to each television and product file must contain information indicating compliance with the energy efficiency requirements. In addition, manufacturers and dealers have the responsibility to ensure energy efficiency class of specific model is displayed on any technical promotional material which describes its specific technical parameters of that model.
Manufacturers must provide complete and reliable information of products' energy efficiency classes which shall include:
- supplier’s name or trade mark;
- supplier’s model identifier;
- the energy efficiency class of the model in accordance with Annex 8;
- the visible screen diagonal in centimeters and in inches;
- the on-mode power consumption measured in accordance with the procedure set out in Annex 6;
- the annual energy consumption calculated in accordance with Annex 9 in kWh per year, rounded to the first integer; it shall be
- described as: ‘Energy consumption XYZ kWh per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per
- day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.";
- the standby and off-mode power consumption or both measured in accordance with the procedure set out in Annex 6;
- the screen resolution in physical horizontal and vertical pixel count.
Dealers shall ensure that each television takes the label provided by suppliers in accordance with Annex 1 on the front of the television in a clearly visible way before sold on the market.
The format of the label based on point 1 of Annex 1 shall be used for televisions placed on the market after the entry into force of this Resolution with energy efficiency classes A ++, A +, A, B, C, D, E or A +++, A ++, A +, A, B, C, D.
The format of the label based on point 2 of Annex 1 shall be used for televisions placed on the market from 1 January 2020 with energy efficiency classes A+++, A++, A+, A, B, C, D.
Resolution No. 359 will come into force six months after its official publication.