Get an overview of your entire supply chain, from design to distribution
Manufacturers and retailers must ensure that hazardous chemicals are ultimately eliminated from their supply chains. To do this, industry stakeholders need to implement a suitable chemical management process integrated with a data-driven management system.
What is the Chemical Data Management System (CDMS)?
The CDMS is a smart system with a core database that collects and analyses chemical test results. It also makes specific recommendations to improve the testing programme while reducing cost.
Why is the CDMS important?
The CDMS software is closely related to the chemical management service provided by TÜV SÜD. The CDMS allows businesses to compile and analyse data to increase the efficacy of their testing programme. The software enables businesses to upload product safety and quality data, and provides an overview of the entire supply chain, from design to distribution.
The CDMS capabilities at a glance:
The system supports businesses with:
- Quality system design and implementation via Plan-Do-Check-Act Testing at the upstream point of the supply chain, and chemical products / formulations screening (smart testing).
- Consolidation of all the chemical testing results along the supply chain (BOM, BOS).
- Assured traceability along the supply chain from raw materials to final products – a relational database.
- Compiled up-to-date requirements of regulations on chemicals by materials, by usages, and by regions/ countries.
- Storage of MSDS, RSL, TDS of chemicals with risk assessments, precautionary actions and phase-out plans for hazardous chemicals.
- Formulated test plans to reduce redundant testing.
- Formulated test plans to monitor the reduction and elimination of restricted substances
- Compiled testing statistics to evaluate the performance of suppliers.
Why choose TÜV SÜD for CDMS?
Through the CDMS smart solution, we are able to create a connection between our laboratories, your products and your supply chain. This enables us to provide the data analysis, personalised risk assessments and related testing plans needed for successful chemical management.