Achieve safe and cost-efficient operation of your industrial plants
The pressure of competition forces industrial plant stakeholders to find new ways to minimise their facilities’ capital, operation and maintenance costs without sacrificing safety, reliability and productivity. To meet rising availability requirements, plants need to reduce downtime; and ageing plants must adopt new and innovative inspection strategies to help prolong operations.
TÜV SÜD’s experts help your plant achieve an evergreen status in risk-oriented inspection and risk based maintenance. The TÜV-RoiM strategy combines reliability and risk assessments with information extracted from expert judgement, physical models, and plant-specific and generic data.
Six Steps for the TÜV-RoiM Process
1. Consultancy regarding all questions concerning the introduction of an RBI inspection and maintenance system.
2. Assessment of status and history, remaining life and fitness for service, operational events, component reliability, spare parts, resources and personnel.
3. Determination of specific measures and flexible, adequate inspection intervals, considering financial and regulatory criteria.
4. Development of optimised inspection and maintenance programmes in line with internationally accepted standards.
5. Implementation of industry-specific and customised solutions (including software applications) for risk-oriented lifetime management of systems and components.
6. Training for your staff to implement and operate the RBI system.
Manage risk - with our assessment based on identifying the probability and consequences of failure or malfunction at an early stage, minimising costly rework.
Optimise plant availability - by avoiding unscheduled downtime due to unidentified risks and by reducing intrusive inspections.
Extend your plant’s lifetime - with risk-oriented lifetime management of systems and components, using Fitness for Service techniques.
Reduce operating costs - with an approach that differentiates high-risk systems and critical components, thus ensuring cost-efficient allocation of resources during operation and maintenance.
Benefit from customised solutions - with our inspection strategy, which is tailored to your specific needs. We establish the most useful inspection procedures for identified degradation mechanisms in each case.