The KC (Korea Certification) certification mark signifies compliance with Korea’s product safety requirements for electrical and electronic equipment and components that utilise power from AC 50-1000V. The KC certification procedure for products includes the following steps:
- Application - The application process involves the submission of an application form and product description. In addition, the manufacture must obtain a certificate of registration.
- Factory inspection - Production equipment and processes are inspected and audited for compliance with applicable safety criteria.
- Product testing - The product is tested consistent with the requirements of the applicable safety standard(s).
- EMC testing - The product is tested for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and immunity.
- Post-certification surveillance - Regular factory inspections and market surveillance are required to verify continued compliance following certification.
KC certification is ultimately issued by Korea-based certification bodies that have been approved by the Korea Standards Association (KSA). However, TÜV SÜD can assist manufacturers in the preparation of application documents and testing reports, and conduct product safety and EMC testing consistent with the requirements of KC certification standards. In some case, testing organizations may also be equipped to address follow-up factory inspections and post-certification surveillance requirements.
With a population of more than 50 million people, South Korea is one of the world’s leading economic markets for electrical and electronic equipment and devices. However, products without KC certification can be denied entry into the country, and manufacturers of non-certified products found on the market may be subject to penalties. Testing your products for compliance with KC certification requirements assures legal market access to Korea, as well as acceptance by Korean buyers and consumers.
TÜV SÜD maintains an active Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Korea Testing Laboratory (KTL), and our safety and EMC testing results are recognised by the KTL in support of KC certification applications. TÜV SÜD is also authorised by KTL to perform factory inspections for compliance with applicable safety criteria. Our global network of accredited laboratories can test a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment and devices to KC certification requirements, as well as to the requirements of other national and international regulations and standards. The TÜV SÜD blue octagon certification mark is globally recognised as a symbol of product safety.
TÜV SÜD’s services in support of KC certification for electrical and electronic equipment include:
- Testing -TÜV SÜD testing laboratories are equipped to conduct all types of testing related to Korea requirements for KC certification.
- Documentation -We can review the scope and content of your documentation and advise of any changes necessary to ensure compliance.
- Regulations -TÜV SÜD technical experts keep up-to-date on worldwide regulations applicable to electrical and electronic equipment and devices, and participate in a number of key industry groups and trade organisations.
- Other requirements -We can offer support in complying with KC certification requirements in conjunction with other international regulations and standards.
TÜV SÜD is a leading provider of comprehensive testing and certification services for all types of electrical and electronic equipment and devices. Our global network of technical experts, combined with our state-of-the-art testing laboratories, assure a single source solution for meeting all applicable requirements, standards and voluntary schemes. And TÜV SÜD technical professionals are actively involved in international advisory boards and standards development activities, ensuring the most up-to-date knowledge of current and changing requirements.
Represented in over 800 locations worldwide, TÜV SÜD has an unsurpassed track record of meeting and exceeding the requirements and expectations of our client companies. The TÜV SÜD brand and our distinctive blue octagon mark are instantly recognised around the globe as symbols of quality and safety, and will increase customer confidence in your brand.